PTG Poster Design Call
All artists are invited to submit artwork for the 10 year anniversary Paradise Tattoo Gathering.
The goal of this contest is to identify and honor an artist who understands what the PTG is all about and can render an amazing image to attract like minded artists and collectors.The image will be used for all PTG merchandise including posters, postcards, banners, clothing, the website, and more. Past PTG art has been created by Joe Capobianco, Tom Strom, Jeff Gogue, Chet Zar, Juan Salgado, and Stefano Alcantara.
The Paradise Tattoo Gathering is an intimate tattoo convention hidden away in the hills of Western Massachusetts. It’s unique location allows some of the world's most talented custom tattoo artists to ply their trade in a focused relaxed environment amongst nature and insure that the event is filled exclusively with truly motivated lovers of the tattoo culture. Education, inspiration, and sharing responsibly is the primary focus of the event and theme of the weekend. Tattoo artists and apprentices learn by getting tattooed, watching many masters at work, and by the numerous educational seminars and panels taught by experts in the field of custom tattooing throughout the Gathering. The public can learn all about the very best that tattooing has to offer as they see true masterpieces being tattooed right in front of their eyes. The Paradise Tattoo Gathering is designed for custom tattoo artists, apprentices, apprentice hopefuls, and tattoo collectors. Jiminy Peak is a unique location away from the hustle and bustle, a place filled with peace and quiet and serious focus on custom tattooing. (Oh and an alpine slide!). Thanks to everyone for 10 years of amazing support.
Artist picked receives:
- $1,000 (Awarded onstage at the Gathering)
- Artwork and lettering featured on PTG materials
- Interview on Off The Map LIVE!
- Full page feature in PTG Event Booklet.
- Featured Artist space at PTG.
- Relevance: Design truly captures the spirit of Paradise Tattoo Gathering embodying the mission and values.
- Creativity: Originality and artistic quality.
- Design quality: Design excellence including use of images, typography etc.
- Your file should be 16" x 20" Vertical (portrait) only and have a minimum resolution of 600 dpi
- Design will be used for:
- Posters, postcards, stickers, videos, etc
- Required Text (separate artwork/layers):
- “Paradise Tattoo Gathering”
- “October 11 -14 2018”
- “Jiminy Peak MA”
- Open space/background for information/cropping.
Submission package must include:
- One completed application form.
- Tag instagram/facebook: #PTGDesign and @paradisetattoogathering on final and in progress images
- Please name all submissions (poster, submission form) as (firstname)-(last name)-for-PTG2018.
- The winning designer should be able to submit a layered file (.psd) for the winning design.
- Optional: sketches, reference photos, in progress, and documentation welcome.
- Email files to gabe[at]offthemaptattoo.com
ENTRY PERIOD: The ENTRY PERIOD of the 2018 Paradise Tattoo Gathering Poster Art Contest ends on March 7th, 2018 (12am EST time).
Rules and Regulations
Participation in the 2018 Paradise Tattoo Gathering Poster Art Contest (PTG) constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of PTG, which are final and binding. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein in a timely manner.
Number of Entries.
Artists/Designers are allowed to submit any number of original poster Entries, however, PTG 2018 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict participation in the Contest to any person at any time for any reason and/or to disqualify any entry at any time for any reason.
Original unpublished work
Each entry must be an original unpublished work that you have created that does not include material in which a third party has intellectual property rights.
Each Entry must not, in the sole discretion of the PTG, be obscene, indecent, offensive, violent, hateful, or libellous, or contain any other content otherwise inconsistent with the purposes of the PTG as described in these Official Rules and related materials. We will not accept submissions with stock images or clip art, copyrighted work, photos, promotional or advertising posters. You may not submit the same entry more than once. Please avoid sending similar entries.
Contest participants grant their consent to make their works available for purposes of publication, exhibition, and production including but not limited to posters, postcards, mailers, banners, clothing, etc, etc. The PTG reserves the right to make minor alterations to design.
The copyright remains the property of the contest participants. All designs not awarded or not purchased shall remain property of the designers. With the contest entry, the designer declares his or her full acceptance of all terms and conditions of the Request for Proposals (RFP).